Making a Complaint

Skip navigation

This information is being maintained for archive/historical purposes only.
It will not be updated.


You are here: Homepage > About Us > Complaints > Making a Complaint

The Office is interested in hearing from any individuals that have concerns or complaints about the Office’s reports or how it operates within the Civil Service.

Are there any limitations?


  • A complaint must be lodged within 365 days or 1 year of the incident occurring otherwise it will not be investigated.
  • Complaints which are considered frivolous, or concern any personal matter against staff, will not be investigated.
  • Any matter which has already been referred to the National Pensions Board, the Office of the Complaints Commissioner or the courts will not be investigated.

What must I do if I have a complaint?

Step One - Get your facts together including any supporting documentation. This should include an attempt to resolve the issue with the appropriate staff member. However, if you feel that this is not appropriate you should make your complaint directly to the Internal Complaints Manager.

  • Clara Smith
  • The Internal Complaints Manager
  • or
  • Kara Connor
  • Deputy Internal Complaints Manager
  • Department of Labour & Pensions
  • 2nd Floor Midtown Plaza, Elgin Avenue
  • P.O. Box 2182
  • KY1-1105
  • Grand Cayman
  • Telephone: 945-8960
  • Email: /
  • Fax: 945-8961

Step Two - Please contact Internal Complaints Manager for the direction the complaint should take.

Step Three - Explain your problem thoroughly either verbally or in writing. You are encouraged to put the complaint in writing using the Complaint Form found in the Internal Complaints Procedure although complaints received by email, fax, phone or in person will be actioned. Your complaint will be documented and you will be informed as to when to expect an update/resolution.

Is there a time limit for the investigating officer?

Yes. Simple cases will be investigated and a report issued in 30 calendar days. For more complex cases please allow up to a maximum of 45 calendar days for a formal response.

Still dissatisfied?

Please contact:

The Chief Officer

  • Ministry of Education Employment and Gender Affairs
  • 5th Floor, Government Administration Building,
  • 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town,
  • Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
  • Tel:(345) 244-2417
  • Fax: (345) 949-9343

If after contacting the Chief Officer of the Ministry, you still feel dissatisfied please contact the Office of the Complaints Commissioner.

Last Updated: 2015-09-17