Upon receipt of a complaint, the Superintendent will take the following steps -
- Discuss the issues with the client or member of the general public and document concerns. A time for a resolution meeting should be set at this time.
- The complainant is encouraged to put the complaint in writing although all forms of complaints will be actioned.
- The Superintendent will indicate reception of the complaint in writing back to the complainant and further document the case based on discussions with the complainant.
- Determine from the staff member(s) involved their version of events.
- Discuss the issue with Ministry staff if considered appropriate and come to a resolution. Determine action(s) required, if any.
- Meet with the client or member of the general public and discuss the problem and the proposed actions (if any).
- A brief memorandum outlining the matter will be placed on the personnel file of the staff member if necessary.
Last Updated: 2007-04-26